Monday, April 16, 2012

Blogging about Blogging

I like to blog when I have something to say.

For those of you who don't know me well, I usually have something to say. My problem is that I rarely have anything to say that is educational-blog-appropriate.

A blog is like an online journal; a collection of shareable thoughts that other people can have access to. Sometimes your friends will read. Sometimes random people you don't really know will read. Sometimes, like in this class, your professor will read.

Isn't it amazing, the writer's block we suddenly get when we know that our professor will be our audience, reading our collections of thoughts? I can't think of how many times I've typed something and saved it to my drafts only to delete it and write about something menial.

*Sigh*

Self censorship. Only for the brave of heart.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this 100%. I could tweet ten thousand times a day, knowing that only my friends, and a select few of them at that, who I allow to follow me will be able to see my tweets. However, when I write for these blogs, my writing takes longer, is much less candid, and is often the victim of self censorship. It makes it very difficult!

    ReplyDelete